In these conditions the following expressions bear the “following meanings” (unless the content otherwise permits):-
“The Company” means Blockbusters
“The Customer” means the Company or firm or individual to whom the quotation or order is supplied.
“The Work” means the job description described in the quotation or order.
“The Contractor” means the person or persons instructed by the Company to attend to the work on behalf of the Customer
The Customer shall be responsible for:
- all loss, damage or injury (whether direct, indirect or consequential) resulting from any failure or delay in the performance of the Customer’s obligations.
- ensuring that the area to be used by the Contractor to carry out the work is ready for use and all property is fully protected against damage from incidentals to the work including leaks, stains, spillage or other damage.
- providing access to the contractor at all times to enable the Contractor to carry out the work.
The Contractor shall at the specific request of the Customer use reasonable endeavours:
- to move any furniture, carpeting or possessions to enable the work to be carried out and
- to move or disassemble any furniture, floorboards, etc., to enable the work to be carried out but the Customer shall be responsible for reinstating all such furniture,carpeting and possessions.
The Company shall be entitled:
- to employ the services of the Contractor or any other party or parties for the purpose of undertaking the work.
- to assign the benefit of any order with the Customer to any servant, agent or sub-contractor.
- to withdraw or cancel a quotation at any time without liability.
- to correct any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in the quotation or other literature without any liability on the part of the Company.
Inspection of Work
It is the Customer’s responsibility to inspect the work as far as is reasonably possible immediately on completion and any complaint or allegation of breech of contract must be made in writing to the Company and delivered to the Company by hand or by recorded delivery within five days of the date of completion.
If the Company does not receive any such notification from the Customer it shall be conclusively deemed that the work is free from any defect which would be apparent on a reasonable examination of the work.
The Charge made shall be based on either:
- A time and materials basis calculated on current rates and prices of the Company.
- A fixed charge price quotation.
All charges shall be based on time and materials unless a fixed price has been agreed in writing before the work commences.
- Time and materials, labour charges are calculated from the point of arrival at the customers premises to the point of finishing the work and are calculated on an hourly basis or half hourly basis as the case may be to the next half hour. Chargeable time shall include time used collecting parts from suppliers whether collected en route to the customers premises or collected during the work.
The company will pass onto the customer any manufacturer’s guarantee and the Company (solely) further guarantees all installation of such equipment for a period of three months unless otherwise stated or agreed from the completion date of the works and will remedy without charge any defects notified in writing (post or email) within that period unless otherwise specified in this quotation. The Company guarantee does not cover faults due to fair wear and tear, any damage caused by a third party, customer misuse or circumstances outside the Company’s control. This guarantee does not affect the customer’s statutory right. Additional guarantees may be supplied by the Company at their discretion for a greater length of time if necessary.
Quotations for repairs to water heating installations are based on the assumption that the existing plumbing system is in a satisfactory condition. No responsibility is accepted for defects arising in existing water tanks, pipes, etc., during or subsequent to installation work by the Company.
The Contractor shall provide small tools normally used in connection with the work but the customer shall pay an additional charge for the cost of hire of any plant, tools and equipment.
The Company shall not be liable for losses that were actually unforeseeable to the parties when the contract was originally formed, or for any losses not caused by the company’s breach of the contract or for any business losses.
Neither the Company nor the Contractor will be liable for any loss or damage arising from any fractured or frozen pipes.
Ownership of all materials which are the subject of this contract shall not pass to the customer until they are fully paid for but the risk in the goods should be borne by the customer from date of delivery/installation at the property.
Dishonoured Cheques/Collection Fees
In the event of non-payment of our invoice, whether that be a dishonoured cheque or if payment is not received within the agreed period after works have been completed then the customer will be expected to pay any reasonable compensation/costs or any losses reasonably incurred.
Unless otherwise specified prices will be inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
The Law of England shall apply to all contracts entered into by the Company. Where instructions are given orally by the customer and work is subsequently carried out by the Company then these Terms and Conditions shall apply to such work. The service shall be offered on the basis that it will be provided as quickly as is reasonably possible within the confines of current workload, availability of personnel, weather and traffic conditions, transport and fuel availability, availability of parts and other conditions on which the Company is dependent but outside their direct control and which from time to time do arise. Consequently no liability or responsibility shall be accepted for delays caused by conditions event, acts, omissions or states of affairs beyond the company’s direct control.
Complaints can be made in writing (post or email) or by phone to the Manager at the address/telephone number as detailed overleaf).
Code of Contact
We are members of various associations as detailed overleaf, who can also be contacted in the event of any issues or in relation to a complaint being made.